Thank you for visiting our website. This privacy statement states:
- how we collect, store and use the information we collect about you when you use our website. Use of our website includes accessing, browsing or registering to use our website; and
If you have any queries or comments relating to this privacy statement, please contact DL-IngenuityEnquiries@thehutgroup.com
www.thgingenuity.com is a website operated by The Hut Group (“We”). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 6293681 and have our registered office at Level 7, THG, Voyager House, Chicago Avenue, Manchester M90 3DQ.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our website. This includes information provided when subscribing to our services, entering a competition, promotion or survey or participating in discussion boards. We may also ask you for information if you report a problem with our site;
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for credit payment purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
We may also collect information about your computer (including your IP address, operating system and browser type) for system administration and to report aggregate information. This is statistical data about your browsing actions and does not identify you.
When you visit our site, we may automatically collect information about your visit, including the full URL clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times; download errors; lengths of visits to certain pages; page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored, outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this privacy statement.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- to notify you about changes to our service.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals, but we may provide aggregate information about our users.
You have the right to access the information we hold about you. Please contact DL-IngenuityEnquiries@thehutgroup.com if you have any questions, comments relating to our privacy statement or would like to request access to the information we hold.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website.
- Analytical/performance cookies. These cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors to our website and see how visitors use our website. This cookie helps us to improve the way our website works.
- Functionality cookies. These cookies are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences.
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
We may revise this privacy statement at any time by amending this page.
Please check this page from time to time to ensure you are aware of any changes we have made, as they are binding on you.